The Collagist is proud to announce that The Rusted City by Rochelle Hurt has been selected as the winner of our 2012 Chapbook Contest. The Rusted City will be published in print and eBook forms later this year, as the second release of the The Collagist Chapbook Series.
We received several hundred submissions this year, and as with our last contest, I found the process of choosing just one incredibly difficult. The chapbook contest has consistently provided some of the most exciting submission piles I've ever had the privilege to read through, and I sincerely wish all of our entrants best of luck in finding another publisher for their work.
Thank you again to everyone who entered, and congratulations again to Rochelle, and to all our finalists listed below.
The final results of the 2012 Collagist Chapbook Contest:
- The Rusted City by Rochelle Hurt
- The Robing of the Bride by Aditi Machado
- Bestiary of Gall by Emilia Phillips
- Instructions for Making a New World by Leif Haven
- The Parables of Gomorrah by Tetman Callis
- The Book of Splendor by Eireann Lorsung
- Test Patterns by Michael Martone
- xyr by j/j hastain
- Collected Alex by Alexander Grant
- how we make new shapes from what we are given by Bethany Carlson
- Quartets by David Stevens
- Touching Exhibition by M.G. Martin
- Treat Yourself to the Magnificent Enchantment by Jenn Marie Nunes
- The Lost Moon and the Aquanaut by Alison Strub
- Saginaw by Tom Laverty